Whether you are a novice looking to build your first website or a seasoned veteran wanting to know what the world's best web hosting services are today - you've come to the best resource online for choosing your ideal website hosting provider.
So whether you are in the market for cheap hosting, shared hosting, website builders or WordPress hosting providers, we have got you covered with recommendations and advice.
We reviewed (and re-reviewed) more than 100 web hosting providers as of January 2019. If you want to buy a web hosting service, these are the five most important things to remember:
Web hosting: 5 tips before you get started
1. You almost always get what you paid for: If your website is primarily a hobby on the side then that shouldn't matter. However, as an essential business tool, it is often false economy to go for the cheapest deal (or a free one) on offer especially as...
2. Beware of pricing tricks: .... the overwhelming majority of website hosting vendors offer low prices at the beginning of their contracts but then jack up the pricing after the introductory period ends. That can be 24, 36 or even 60 months after signing up.
3. Just how trustworthy is the provider: Just about anyone can pretend to be a real web host and just be reselling someone else’s products. So, look to see how long they’ve been around, do they have a contact address, who owns them, are they making realistic promises on the website etc.
4. Know your limits: How comfortable are you with creating your own website? Do you need external help to understand the numerous ramifications (including legal and commercial ones) that publishing one entails.
5. Consider website builders: You don't need website hosting to get online and website builders offer an interesting alternative. However you cannot migrate your content easily if you want to leave thanks to their proprietary platforms.
The best web hosting companies right now:
- The best web hosting provider right now overall is InMotion hosting. It's the best all-rounder in the market and is able to service individuals and businesses of all sizes looking for WordPress or ecommerce hosting.
- A close number two is 1&1 IONOS which has a global footprint and allows it to service an international, multilingual audience at scale with a solid set of features.