Various Artists - Loewe: Grand Trio, Op. 12, Schottische Bilder, Op. 112 & Duo espagn�la (2019)
WEB FLAC (tracks) - 235 MB | Tracks: 8 | 53:30 min
Style: Classical | Label: CPO
Our gigantic edition of Carl Loewe's complete song and ballad oeuvre proved to be a great success and revealed a genuine cosmos of great dramatic works and enthralling genre miniatures. However, it is known only to a few that Loewe not only composed some six hundred songs and ballads but also produced chamber music.
In 1831 the Allgemeine musikalische Zeitung described his Piano Trio or Grand Trio op. 12 as »magnificent, finely invented, sustained, and intelligently developed.« Robert Schumann expressed himself in a similar vein: »It is perhaps one of the most fundamentally genuine and most imaginative works by Loewe, one of those worthiest of the best master. Every trio circle must have it.« In his last instrumental work, the Duo Espagnôla for viola and piano, the composer once again ventured onto national terrain and took with him the viola as a special expressive means conveying the Spanish character. The work is melodious throughout and shows both instruments in their best light. The Scottish Pictures for clarinet and piano from Loewe's late period are demanding genre scenes inspired by the composer's interest in the Scottish landscape and the country's vicissitudinous history.
01. Grand Piano Trio, Op. 12: I. Allegro
02. Grand Piano Trio, Op. 12: II. Allegro molto agitato
03. Grand Piano Trio, Op. 12: III. Larghetto
04. Grand Piano Trio, Op. 12: IV. Finale. Allegro assai vivace
05. Schottische Bilder, Op. 112: I. Die Jungfrau vom See
06. Schottische Bilder, Op. 112: II. Der Wanderer auf Bothwell-Castle
07. Schottische Bilder, Op. 112: III. Der Schottenclan
08. Duo espagnôla for Viola & Piano