Onforum.net - Web and gaming resource community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members .

Best host for a metin2 server

Vanilla

Elite
Elite
Credits
I need some opinions about hosting services . What should I choose for a metin2 server ?With 2-300 players? I wish I get answers only from guys who already had a server . Thanks!

If there will be only 300 players u should consider about VPS. Take a look to ovh, their prices is not high, but service is professional.

I used contabo for another reasons other than hosting game server, but I'm happy with that. Prices are cheap compared others

Ovh its the best on the price and performance .
Contabo have some problems with the packed lose . All the time i have problems with them my putty winscp my db have no synchronization with players . Its ok for most of the servers but not for metin2 its to hard to have some packed lose with python calculate part and the c++ db/game side .
Best choiese oVh <3

myvirtualserver is very good and cheap. If you want something more known u can go with ovh ( kimsufi or soyoustart).

I recommend ovh. Very good ping for all countries.
Contabo is also good, however I had problems with them because of the DDOS, they wouldn't solve the job and just restrict my server until they "solve" the issue, which never happened sadly.

I need some opinions about hosting services . What should I choose for a metin2 server ?With 2-300 players? I wish I get answers only from guys who already had a server . Thanks!
If you don't really care if you pay just a little bit more, try this, https://www.gazduirejocuri.ro/
i work with them for a year new and i don't have complains + great host web host!

I would recommend OVH as it has good DDOS protection and support always tries to help. They are very experienced in hosting servers. Alternatively another good provider is Hetzner. With both providers there is a KVM option (free for some time or paid) to solve the problem of a crashed system.